Sunday, November 2, 2008

Gluten lust

I was sitting in church this weekend and the pastor was talking about Lust in our world, how we are surrounded by it in our society. As I thought about what he said I compared it to gluten. I am surrounded by it, I leave my house I drive past fast food, I go into the mall and it is the whole food court, I walk down the frozen aisle of the grocery store it is there. Being gluten free is not hard in my home, It is normal, healthy. But I step out of my house and I am surrounded by this stuff that is bad for me, that damages my body. This is where I struggle, I have not ever cheated but is certainly hasn't been easy. It is a tradition that we eat out as a family on sunday lunch. Do you have any idea how hard it is? Every time we get into the car, he asks 'so where do you want to go?' In my mind I want to say 'no where', I don't want to go out to eat. But instead I say 'I don't care'. Again I am back to the point of my trouble, the un-social aspect of it. So how do I fix it?
So today we went to Soup or Salad, it was nice, no pressure to order off a menu, could pick and choose what I wanted, even had a baked potato. It was a good lunch :)

No comments: